December 05, 2009

DIY Advent




My first Christmas project of the season-turning an old Hallmark advent calendar into something new and decorative. Years ago my grandma gave me a really neat advent calendar. For everyday it has a fun and festive holiday task to do; learn the names of Santa’s reindeer, make a yummy holiday treat to enjoy, make a snowman out of marshmallows, cut paper snowflakes to hang in windows, etc. It is one of the card style advents, meant to be thrown out at the end of the year. I however, have hung onto to that thing FOR YEARS. I always knew it would be a fun one to have once we had kids. Well, now that Jack is two he is REALLY into Christmas (and is starting to recognize numbers) so we are having fun searching and pulling the numbers from the “tree” and doing whatever fun thing it tells him to do to help get into the Holiday spirit.

I found a tag template online, bought card stock and ribbon from Michael's and "recycled" branches used in my Fall decorations. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment