January 20, 2009

Snow Day




We woke this morning to SNOW! Snow is not typical here (I'm not sure I would have agreed to the move if it was). But how is it, that the Winters I have spent on the East Coast have been unusually cold?! Back in 2003 when we lived in Virginia, the area saw the lowest temps and largest snow storms it had in a decade! Chapel Hill sees very little snow, but unlike Virginia-the town stops to enjoy the winter weather surprise. Schools close (not Adam's school-of course), and many business delay opening until later in the day. Luckily I am not expected to be anywhere (got to love working from home) and can enjoy the white stuff from the comforts of my living room window with a cup of hot cocoa. This was, of course Jack's first snowy experience so I bit the bullet, bundled up and took him out to play. This morning was more of a lesson in learning to walk in it - later today, snowballs and snowmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment