May 28, 2009

Family Planning




After we had Jack I read a few articles on the subject of kid spacing. The "planner" that I am, I wanted to do this family thing the "right" way. There are of course, pros and cons for any way your family develops. But as my mom told me when we found out we were pregnant:"These things happen when they are suppose to". We planned our Jack and still freaked out when we saw two lines. Poor Isla crept up on us at one of the craziest times of our life. That first trimester of moving, settling in to a strange place and completely new routine and chasing after a toddler while feeling like I could hurl at any moment; it was hard to see any joy. Fast forward a few months, exactly two years after we had our little Jack, we were blessed with our Isla and we had joy coming out of our eyeballs! These things do happen when they are suppose to! Two years, 5 years, or like my aunt, 14 years later... For us, two years was perfect. Jack has had no problem adjusting to a new baby. It is like Isla has been with him all along.

2 comments:

  1. That's how it was with Jaron and Lara. As soon as Jaron saw Lara, it was like he already knew her and wanted to take care of her. He cared more about her than us. All he wanted to do was hold her and didn't care that he had not seen us since he had went to bed the night before. It was sweet. They are 19 months apart. Lara just loves Jaron too. She gives him the biggest smiles and he can usually cheer her up better than us. Just wait, it will be more fun as Isla gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you guys. All of you are blessed. That Little Isla is soooo cute. I can't wait to meet her in person. Will likes her too.

    ReplyDelete