August 25, 2008

“Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains..”


The most surprising thing about North Carolina so far is all the rain! When Adam and I visited in June we were told the state was in a drought. Well since arriving, we have seen so much rain - and not the drizzly stuff either - I'm talking tropical storms. I can't say that I really mind, it is very lush and beautiful here. Every one's yards are exactly what you would imagine in the South: Large, green, azaleas, ferns big front porches with wooden rocking chairs. I just love it.
Chapel Hill is a great town. Lots of restaurants, a cute downtown (similar to Chico - with less bars) and always something to do. Of course the college offers a ton of great sporting events and in neighboring Durham we can cheer on the Bulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment